Kapilasa's Possession, again

Scott Destroyer

Question

Hi again,

MitchellS has the essence of my question. According to the original Fifth Edition rulebook (p. 153, middle of 2nd column),

When adding character points to a target with Transform, if the total of the Disadvantages equals or exceeds the total points granted to the target, the Transform works normally (it does not become easier). However, one-fifth of any points not compensated for by new Disadvantages most be added to the target's BODY, point for point, to determine how difficult it is for the character to accomplish the Transformation (In short, add [[Points Added-Disadvantages Added]/5] to the target's BODY.)

(emphasis mine)

Kapilasa's Transform is BOECV, and Works against EGO not BODY, so presumably the bonus will apply instead to his target's EGO. And unless the target is losing a LOT of abilities when he gains Kapilasa's 240 points-o'-stuff, the massive bonus to effective EGO will render the target completely immune to a 6d6 All-or-Nothing Transform.

This is the bonus I am asking if there was some way to circumvent, not the (comparatively modest) +8 EGO an EGO 10 character would get (to match Kapilasa's EGO 18) if he were actually affected by the Transform.

1 answer to this question