Up periscope!

WillS

Here's the situation. The bad guy, a mentalist had a 7" Area Effect Mental Entangle, works vs. ego, ect., ect. None of the players knew this, and what happened was really accidental, so I ruled in the player's favor. I'm wondering what should have been done though. One of the players who's a 'Plastic Man' type, stretched his neck nine hexes up to see over the various buildings if there were any other bad guys approaching. His body was next to the mentallist but his head/brain was out of the A.E.! Like I said I ruled in the player's favor since it was accidental, and somewhat funny, but really, how does that work?

I would make the same ruling that you did since it is the one that makes logical sense. Even if the stretching character does this intentionally in the future, I would still rule the same. The stretcher paid points for the ability to have parts of his body in other locations, so I have no problem with him benefitting from it.

Rod

All together now...

"It depends on the Special Effect!"

If the mental attack targets the brain directly, it obviously wouldn't be hit. Soul-controlling spells would still hit. A medieval mentalist wouldn't even know that the brain is where the mind is, so this might affect them or not. Etc etc.