Super Day Jobs

Super Squirrel

Re: Super Day Jobs

I'm not trying to hack on y'all, but this is the most confusing request I've seen in a while. I can't figure out exactly what the story is.

Okay, going by what OWofSS said, she's already a citizen of the US, right? I can only assume that she now has legal identity in the US, complete with Social Security number and everything.

Now, in addition to this legal identity--presumably her "superhero self"--she wants a secret identity, correct? But she wants it legal?

Probably not gonna happen. There's no way the government will sponsor dual identities for a citizen. A government employee requiring serious security measures (spies and the like), maybe, but not a standard citizen. The witness protection program wouldn't apply here because she wants to use both identities, and they wouldn't allow that, either.

I'd say to RP a brief interlude where the individual gets "hooked up" with some streetwise individual who gets her a birth certificate and social security number, and she can then go get a driver's license (with picture), establish some identity, and go from there.

But I'd make it cost points.

Thanks. This was more what I was looking for. I appreciate it.

My confusion appears to be over whether the person public ID is a legal identity, or just a pseudonym they use in their professional life. As an example, there are many celebrities that are famous under assumed names (rappers, some wrestlers, actors, ec.), and while these are their "public identities," they are not their "legal identities."

So, as an example, while Dwayne Johnson may be referred to in contracts and even on some checks as "The Rock," and a bank may recognize that something made out to "The Rock" is intended for Dwayne and would deposit or cash it. It's his public identity. Now, if he were to try and buy a house or a car, rent something, etc., he would use his legal identity of Dwayne Johnson.

I think something similar could happen to heroes. They are born with a legal identity (their secret ID), and assume a public persona when they begin their crimefighting careers. So they have a Public ID that could be recognized within their secret ID.

Now, if your question concerns how to create a new ID that no one knows about, that isn't that difficult. There are actually several people who can do that work for you. These are the same people who supply new identities to women fleeing abusive husbands, etc. All it basically requires is finding a birth certificate, which can be found by examining birth records from around the time the person was born, and look for an infant that died recently after birth. The person then assumes that identity, and with a birth certificate it becomes pretty easy to gain the other documents necessary for finding a job. And the best part is, none of the other documents necessarily need to be a forgery. With the birth certificate, the documents can be obtained from the proper authorities (social security, DMV, etc.). So while the identity could be discovered to be fake, it wouldn't have to be because of a badly forged driver's license.

So, if your super character is looking to create a new Secret ID, it shouldn't be too difficult, and the only person who would know would be the person who helped arrange to get the documents.

What does a super do if he wants to get a job and not be harrassed for being a super?

Do it in a way, that gets you a scenario out of it. :)

~Resucue an immigration officer from a burning building...

~Have the government help her, in return for a favor...

~She gets all the documents she needs, courtesy of the US Postal Service. The only promblem, there is no return address...

As a side note, having the superpowered immigrant can be a lot of fun RP wise, it allows you a bunch of oppertunities.