Mentally Invisible

Dr. Anomaly

Question

Steve, I'm going to phrase this as a "how to" question, but it really is a rules question! :) So please bear with me a moment.

Normally, if you want to make yourself "untargetable" -- or as close as it gets -- you use Invisiblity...the odds of hitting what you can't see are pretty slim (0 OCV at range and 1/2 OCV h-t-h, IIRC).

The problem comes in with mentalists. Mentalists just have to be able to view their target to have thier full ECV to hit their target. This means that while Invisiblity to the Mental Sense group might keep you from being found by a mentalist who can't see you with his own eyes, how do you "make yourself invisible" to Mental attacks so the mentalist has the same penalties (and same low odds) of hitting you as an energy projector or martial artist trying to hit an opponent using "normal" Invisiblity?

And did I make myself clear, or is what I'm asking as clear as mud? :think:

1 answer to this question

Re: Mentally Invisible

NP -- that's perfectly clear (no pun intended!) ;)

Assuming your GM allows it, just buy Invisibility to Sight Group with the Limitation Only To Prevent LOS Targeting Of Mental Powers (-1, probably). I seem to recall some published character somewhere had this power (maybe in a 4th Ed. book), but maybe my mind's playing tricks on me.

I'll definitely have to touch on this sort of thing in The Ultimate Mentalist. ;)