Brick bats

Dr. Anomaly

Question

Steve,

Got a question for you regarding bricks using objects to hit people with. I thought I understood how it worked in regards to damage, but someone brought up an interpretation that makes me wonder if I do understand it or not...so I thought I'd go right to the horse's mouth. ;)

All of the following examples assume normal attacks, no Haymakers or using any skill levels to add damage classes or anything like that. :)

Brick has a STR of 60; if he punches someone, he does 12d6 damage.

Brick picks up an object with a combined DEF + BODY of 10, and uses it as a club. The most damage he can do using it is 10d6, because at that point the object breaks...it's just not durable enough to take the full application of his STR.

Brick picks up an object with a combined DEF + BODY of 14, and uses it as a club. The most damage he can do with it is 12d6, because that's the limit of his STR. Just because the object's DEF + BODY exceeds the DCs he can do with his STR, he does not get any extra DCs for using the object as a club.

...do I have that correct? Or is the 2nd example wrong, and he would do more than 12d6 damage?

1 answer to this question