Shrinking and Perception -

Jeghis

Question

Hey Steve, I'm not trying to be a bother, but I'm not intentionally asking a design/philosophy question about this. I really don't understand what 5ER means on p. 219.

Is the total PER mod for a 2m character and a 2mm character the same under the same circumstances of range, lighting and contrast, when neither is trying to hide?

Does a character with Shrinking need IPE to receive the PER modifier while not actively hiding?

Can Shrinking [or Growth] have an IPE (Fully) advantage or is that oxymoronic?

Is Shrinking visible to three senses without the PER modifier from Shrinking?

I hope these are clearer and answerable, if nonetheless repetitive.

thanks

chester

1 answer to this question

Re: Shrinking and Perception -

1. Yes, except to the extent the GM wants to apply the modifiers from 5ER 353 to characters as opposed to objects (which is not recommended). Being tiny does not inherently make a character harder to see all the time; he has to actively try to hide. Otherwise none of us could ever see the Atom clearly in the pages of his own comic book. ;)

2-3. IPE on Shrinking would theoretically make the character look like he was normal size even while Shrunk (which might be handy for, e.g., getting the DCV bonus for Shrinking without looking unusual). It has nothing to do with the PER Roll modifier. What you’re trying to do would probably involve some form of Change Environment.

4. Yes, Shrinking has to be perceivable by three Sense Groups when it’s used. Typically all that means is that the character is obviously smaller than normal.