A how to build it poll

JmOz

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Alternately:

Buy the main character as a skilled normal. Maybe 100 pts total.

Buy the Robot as a Vehicle.

Buy a Computer with a limited Mindlink and a program for everything the Robot can reasonably do.

Buy a limited MindLink (no Mental Awareness, only w/ other w/ MindLink, etc) and Clairsentience (uses senses of others) and SPD only for mental actions (enough to equalize the controllers speed with that of the Robot) in an OIF Bulky (Control Device) for the main character.

The main character then can order the Computer to run its programs via the "Nuero-link" ie Mind Link to control the Robot, while observing what the Robot senses on control screens.

This might be a pretty cool & interesting character actually.

Also, its open ended; the main character could add more vehicles as he goes if desired.

This is what I would have suggested if you hadn't beaten me to it. It is technically more accurate than the other suggestions. The character isn't "shifting into astral form" from the description. The character is cynbernetically linked to a robot. Sounds like mind link to me. The robot is not the main character. The robot has no personality. Sounds like the guy in the "box" is the starting point.

This method is open to abuse but it can be done fairly as well. Sure, he could build 8 vehicles all with mind link and each with powers usable simultaneously by 8 others :D but who would let that in their game? The beauty of this construction is the character can be the super-brain you often don't have the points to spend for.

Also, the computer should have an AI so that simple programs, like return to base, can be initiated if the mind link is cut.

Biggest problem with the character - not very dramatic. It is effective to fight crime in a drone suit of armor but is it heroic? I would try to set this up with some sort of feedback option so that the character actually faces some danger.