Counterstrike and TWF

Re: Counterstrike and TWF

I have a character with Two Weapon Fighting and has both Martial Block and Counterstrike...If he has the highest Dex and he waits until someone strikes can he use Martial Block then Counterstrike' date=' By blocking with his offhand then counter with his main hand?[/quote']

Officially the anser is no, but I know several members of the boards (myself included) allow character's with two weapon fighting to declare separate maneuvers, including blocking with one maneuver and strike with another (experience tells me this can be unbalancing). On the other hand, counterstrike is specifically designed for use on the character's next phase. As a result, counterstrike, despite its name, is mechanically the wrong manuever. In this case your counterstrike would be any mechanically appropriate attack maneuver that follows the block. The problem with block-strike combos is that they allow a character to neutralize their opponents' attacks and attack every phase. Unless you put some limitations in play, or allow characters to abort to block in phases they've already attacked in, it can prove unbalancing.