All or nothing without NND

Dr. Anomaly

Question

Steve,

If you make an attack NND, it's all or nothing -- the listed defense stops it completely, with no chance of the attack breaking through no matter how tiny the defense is. For example, a 6d6 EB NND (not vs. Force Fields) would get stopped cold by a 1 point Energy Defense Force Field.

The attack is also Stun Only and costs 60 points.

What if you wanted an ordinary energy blast, not one that was NND, to be stopped cold by a given defense the same way an NND attack gets stopped by the 'right' defense? Is there an official way to do this?

Example:

6d6 EB, when used to shoot someone, is applied against their defenses just like normal. However, if used to shoot someone that has a 1 point Energy Defense Force Field (or more), the attack is stopped cold and no Stun or Body make it through.

I'm thinking of something like the option for Entangles that lets a certain type of attack destroy an Entangle completely all at once, regardless of how much DEF and Body it has against all other attack types. In this case, I'm wondering if there's a "Sovreign Defense" option available for ordinary attacks, and I've just missed it.

1 answer to this question

Re: All or nothing without NND

Yup, there's a way: the Limited Power Limitation. The value depends, of course, on how frequently the specified defense would tend to occur in the campaign; I can envision versions that would be worth -1/4 (at most), and some that would be worth -1 or more.