Entangle barriers

Barrier

Question

I have a question about Entangle barriers.

I understand the the rules on page 109 about Entangle creating a barrier in one hex. But what happens to any character that happens to be standing in that hex?

I have been assuming that you can target the hex to create your Entnagle barrier. Assuming that this is corrent, what happens to someone who happens to be standing in that hex if the Entangle can cover all sides of that hex?

Logically, they would be trapped within that hex given that they would have enough power to cover all sides and the top as well.

However, that would seem to in effect trap them within the entangle and require them to attack it as if they had been the target of the entangle all along.

In effect, one could target the hex (DCV3+ range) and entrap someone in their Entangle without rolling against said character's DCV.

1 answer to this question

If a character wanted to form a barrier around someone, he certainly could. However, as specifically noted on 5E 109, even if the character connects the ends of the barrier, the top and the bottom aren’t considered covered. Therefore the character in the middle of the barrier could use it as cover while attacking the character back, or jump/climb over it to get out.

If a character wants to create a barrier with his Entangle, he does indeed target the hex where he wants the barrier to begin.