Feedback and force field

tesuji

Question

Ok, this may sound a bit wierd but...

On RPG net someone asked...

"Looking for a way to model a mentally-based force field, such that the user takes some form of damage when the shield is pounded upon. This actually occurs in comics quite a bit -- the "Can't...hold my shield...against his awesome might!" routine, leading to shield-projector collapsed or in pain when the brick finally pounds it down. "

Your yourself responded...

"Lizard -- there's a Limitation for Force Wall called Feedback that does what you want; you could adapt it to Force Field if you wanted without any difficulty. It's on page 182 of the 5th Ed. Revised rulebook."

Now, you make it sound pretty obvious as to how this works but i am really confused.

The feedback lim on force wall makes the force wall work like a force field does in that damage soaks thru to the character even if body doesn't get thru, with the exception that the FW might even be around someone else and the fw guy gets the pain. The text on pg 182 literally says "with the force wall's defense applied as a force field."

But, its certainly not obvious how to adapt this limitation to apply to a force field since the force field already applies its defenses as a force field.

Can you perhaps elaborate/clarify/give-an-example on what you meant by your answer (adapting the lim on page 182 to force field)? if not here, then maybe over at RPG.net?

Thanks again.

1 answer to this question

Re: Feedback and force field

Well, I'd probably do something like have each point of damage stopped by the Force Field cost the character 1 END (or some amount of END times the damage stopped), or have every X STUN stopped by the Force Field cause the character to suffer 1 BODY damage.