Figured Characteristics

Talon

So, speaking of this, let's say I was to use the figured equations as guidelines instead of direct figured characteristics. What would the prices change to?

STR 1 pt.

CON 1 pt.

DEX 2 pts.

Would you leave Perception tied to INT? Personally, I don't mind that. Similarly, I don't mind BODY affecting STUN, but it might be more consistent and accurate to lower BODY by 1/2 a point (so 1 1/2).

What about breaking EGO and DEX apart from CVs?

Are there any balance concerns with this that mightnot be immediately evident? I like the changes in balance, from my admittedly inexperienced perspective. I just recently posted a question on how to do a paralytic poison. Drain DEX probably works best, as far as effects go. But Drain DEX is rendered a third less powerful because it "drains" the point that you pay in DEX for SPD, with no effect at all (correct?).

When I tried this, I did:

STR x1

DEX x4 [and people still bought it in droves)

CON x1

BODY x2

INT x1

EGO x2

PRE x1

COM x0 [no longer a stat]

[figured stats as listed]

Generally it was a success. It does still present the problem that 5 point INT or PRE Skill levels are the same cost as buying up the stat; didn't come up with a good solution for that.