Actions Which Take No Time vs. Recovery

Jeghis

Question

A friendly discussion has ensued in our PBeM game about Taking a Recovery as an action and Actions Which Take No Time and neither Rulebooks nor FAQ's can solve it. YOU are our only hope!

On 424 it clearly states, "A character who Recovers during a Phase may do nothing else...." (though I hate to edit this beautiful prose, I feel that I must). It then discusses various actions that are Zero Phase Actions that may be exceptions, but nothing about Actions Which Take No Time.

But on 358, in the discussion of Actions Which Take No Time, it says, "[T]hese actions take no time to perform; a character may perform them whenever he wishes... and as often as he wishes."

You've guessed my question, I'm sure. What's the difference between a duck?

Wait! That's not it. It really is, "Can you take a Recovery as an Action on a phase and also perform Actions Which Take No Time?"

We await your kind reply. :D

Your Devoted Reader,

Jeghis

1 answer to this question

Re: Actions Which Take No Time vs. Recovery

Well, a duck is... no, wait!

On 5ER 424, it says that "A character who Recovers during a Phase may do nothing else -- not even maintaining a Constant Power, or Actions that cost no END or take no time (emphasis mine). And that's just what it means -- no Presence Attacks or any other such Action that takes no time.