Voice

Jeghis

Question

I completely (well, mostly) understand the physics of vocal tracts and the biology behind human and animal audiology, but what's Voice?

On page 352 of 5ER, it says that it's in the Unusual Sense Group under the Simulated Sense Rules and that it's worth 20 points, which seems a bit high, if you actually listen to most people who use it. It must be the lims.

Does this mean that a(n) (N)PC can use the appropriate Enhanced Perception modifiers to increase one's Voice... roll, presumably to make it LOUDER and give it better e·nun'ci·a'tion?

Can you have Tracking Voice and Microscopic Voice? OK. That was uncalled for.

BTW, I thought maybe there was a sidebar on the page that I missed, and after looking for it for a few hours, I heard voices. None of them were helpful.

I hope you are.

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Re: Voice

You're misreading 5ER 352 slightly. It doesn't say voice is a Sense -- in fact, it specifically says one's voice can't be used to perceive anything. The text simply points out that it can be affected by, for example, Darkness to Hearing Group.

If you want to build a louder voice, that's typically done with Images to the Hearing Group with PER Roll boni instead of penalties. I'm sure if you started a topic on the "Discussion" board about it, you'd get some other suggestions.