"Racial ECs"

Mad_Ernie

Question

Steve, I have a bit of a problem.:help:

I have a player who wants to create a genetically engineered super-human (like Khan from Star Trek) using an elemental control to build his characteristic stats. He has invoked the "werewolf and vampire" examples as justification for doing this. I have read the 5th ed rules and by my reading, I say it's no dice :lol:

To my mind, to have several stats that increased by 10 each and only cost 10 points total seems WAY too unbalanced for the game (we're using 200 free points plus 150 disadvantage points max).

But just for the record, do you see any way this could be done in a relatively 'cheap' fashion? I tried giving an example by boosting each characteristic of desire using nanite implants (IIF). Not exactly the same thing, but it appeared to get the job done in terms of stats. I also said if he were to do this, the final cost of each improved stat could only come 1/2 from the implants; the other half he had to make up by buying them in the normal cost way.

Thanks,

Mad_Ernie

:cool:

1 answer to this question

Re: "Racial ECs"

Your reading is correct IMO; that doesn't sound like what I, personally, would consider an acceptable EC (unless maybe the campaign focuses on "Khans," and probably not even then). It sounds to me like he should just buy his Characteristics as Characteristics; offhand I see no justification for any sort of cost reduction.

You might want to post your question on the "Discussion" board to see if Herodom Assembled has any useful suggestions.