My game, and whats happening in it

nightbringer256

well here is the roster for my players and the games background

HAWK: the team leader and face man. one power 20" flight. also has a bird-a-rang. based off of the team leader from gatchaman (great movie!). the player is a great guy and GM, whos been playing for 10ish years. he always is helping me out and then tears my plot to shreads

CATCH: the teams deflection artist. can grow many hands at will. absorbs all damage, and can funnel EB into his EB (which starts at 0d6). great person. been in my game from the start and helps push plot.

FISHBOY: a hydromancer who suprise suprise looks like a fishboy. he has a multitude of powers and is distracted by shinies. (which makes for great side plots).

GOLDEN SUN: the archer mystic (who started this thread) he is also new to the system. he tries his best to help, but often makes things worse. but he tries so its all good.

RIU: the teams mystic. channels power from the one true source (like robert jordan novels) he is also a mentalist. he helps the team out with the mystic stuff. good player.

BLACKRIDER: a cop, whos night job is as a hero. he uses a motorcycle as his main weapon/transportation. the player is a bit spaztic, but all around a good kid.

LINK: the teams weapon master. the character IS link. he works well with the team, and the player is always realy helpful.

CHAMELON: the teams alien and shapeshifter. also a jack-of-all trades and infaltration expert. the player is a good guy, who like a good game.

COLLATERAL DAMAGE: the teams brick and mr. money-bags. he, as his name suggests, sometimes can use a "bit" to much force. the player is a good guy.

SCOPE: a powered armor merc/assasin who really hasn't joined the group yet.

but the player is a good man. so it willl work out evetualy.

PHOENIX: the teams ship and its AI. both of which the stole from DR. D. the ship is fun for me to play and give me many a plot idea.

BACKGROUND: this is a wired mesh of genres. the game takes place in hudson city, except HC is on the west coast and has reaplaced hollywood (aka gold city). gold city was destroyed 2 years back in a huge fight with dr. D in the end he fired the orbital cannon and blew up much of the city. the city didn't have a river through it before he fired it, now it does. all that was left of doctor destroyer was his... BOOT. so now 2 years later the city has been renamed and is being rebuilt as hudson city.

last sesion the team fought my homemade villian. The MOVIE man. he has one power. extra demensional movement, anywhere in a related group of dementions, AoE hex, usable as an attack.

so two of the PCs got sent to movies, one to casablanca and the other to the

lotr two towers. the players had alot of fun and jump around to alot of diffrent movies.

this week the fight anubis for the first time. that book can't be the real book of the dead!....... can it?

i will let you guys know how it goes when i get home

Re: My game, and whats happening in it

sry its been so long since i posted, i have been busy (ugh school!). the team handled anubis pretty well, albet someone was hospitalized (blindness) but thats been cured. all in all it was a good session.

a friend of mine dropped by and wanted to play, but didn't have a character. so i let him play anubis and WOW!! he played a good villian (part of the reason it went so well)

he took one look at the sheet and slipped into the role perfectly, i guess some people are just naturals

anyways he had a ton of fun, so he is going to be running the villians in my next session, which is good, because now i have an assistant and someone to bounce ideas off of, besides you guys.

well to start him off, and me, i just bought the VIPER book. which is amazing. the level of detail is stunning. great job!! anyways so he is going to play as a nest leader for a while.

my biggest worrie is that after the first fight when the KO an agent the heros will use telepathy to find out where the nest is and all that. the nest itself has psonic shielding

(invis to mental), but any ideas on how to keep the pcs from finding the nest on session one would be appreciated

thanks in advance for the help and advice!

-nightbringer

Glad your first game went well, NB. :thumbup:

As to hiding the VIPER nest, I'd be surprised if the VIPER book doesn't already have some hints on how to deal with telepaths to prevent just such occurrences. But I'll throw out a couple of suggestions of my own.

1) Most agents don't actually know where the base is. Instead they are picked up at various rendevous points prior to a job.

2) A VIPER telepath has planted false memories in the agents' minds of a dozen possible locations for the base, including City Hall, the Mayor's house, and Police HQ. :eg:

3) Once it becomes clear your hero team has a telepath, VIPER is likely to make his elimination a top priority. They may not need to kill him if they can attack him indirectly. Say all charges against busted VIPER agents are dismissed because the heroes used "improperly obtained evidence" (gathered by telepathy) to bust into the VIPER HQ. Remember VIPER is bound to have some corrupt judges and politicians in their pocket. Or have the police arrest the telepath on some trumped up charge; then pull a major job while the telepath and his teammates are trying to get him bailed out.

4) Remember that VIPER is a cell-type network. (If it wasn't, do you really think VIPER would still be around?) Bust one cell/Nest, another just picks up the slack. How do you think the Mob or Al Qaeda survive? Remember that it's not genre for villainous groups to ever be truly destroyed by heroes. How long have Intergang and Advanced Idea Mechanics been around in the DC and Marvel comics? Decades. They're like cockroaches. Unless you plan to make your whole campaign about busting VIPER; let the heroes win one, then a year later VIPER shows up again.

Hope these help, and keep the updates coming. :)

thanks for the advice, i'll double check the book but those ideas are good

i especially like the one abouth planting false memories :eg:

and for a little while the PCs will be have a war on VIPER (hope it goes better then our war on terror)

my friend is a fiendish devil when it comes to running a villianous oragnization.

his first plot is to rob a bank, now to get the justice league out of the way he is planting a bomb in a hospital on the otherside of town.

i mean he is a natural, he is already planning on one day raiding stronghold to break everone there out. now that will be a mess.

also just in case anyone missed it my game is a dark champions game now, however the characters are still playing champions level heros.

so if anyone has some homemade superpower dark cham baddies iwould love to see then.

thanks for your help and support