Questions, questions, questions

Jeghis

Question

Thanks for your valuable time Steve. We all know that you could be doing other things, like designing new supplements, gaming aids, editions of rules, etc. I suppose sleeping fits in somewhere.

1) Is Shrinking a power you can abort to under the "switching forms, shapes, or identities to obtain more defense or protection" clause on p362, 5ER?

3) If a good guy has a held action, can he react to a 0 phase action to stop it from happening, like activating a power in an EC?

2) Does it bother you when we mis-number our questions?

4) If a bad guy with a held action shoots at a not-nearly-as-bad guy activating his powers, is the not-nearly-as-bad guy considered aborting to one of his powers over the others, e.g., his Force Field over his Flight?

5) Boxers or briefs? Our K9 patrol swears by boxers, but our attorneys love briefs.

1 answer to this question

Re: Questions, questions, questions

Sleep?? I’m allowed to sleep? No one told me that!!!

1. Ultimately that’s up to the GM, but given that Shrinking increases the character’s DCV, I’d be surprised if most GMs didn’t allow it without hesitation.

3. That depends on what he’s declared he’s Holding for (and, secondarily, how strict the GM is with the “you’ve got to declare what you’re Holding for” rule). This also assumes he can stop something; typically it’s mighty difficult to stop another character from activating a power. Though of course, Knocking someone Out would stop them. ;)

2. Nah.

4. I’m not sure I understand this question. What a target chooses to Abort to is up to him (i.e., to his player if he’s a PC, or the GM if he’s an NPC). If I’m missing something, please post a follow-up.

5. Sorry, but you haven’t paid for the Perk that would entitle you to know this. :eg: