About Dodge...

Nucleon

Re: About Dodge...

Originally posted by Nucleon

...If I dodge, does my +3 DCV is valid against ALL attacks directed at me until my next phase?

Just to be sure...

Like any combat maneuver, it valid against all attacks until next phase. The only things that may or may not be applied is CSL, depending on their type and how they are used.

Re: Re: About Dodge...

Originally posted by nblade

The only things that may or may not be applied is CSL, depending on their type and how they are used.

So, if I have say 5 CSLs with Martial Dodge and a DEX 24, do I get DCV 18 against all the attacks directed at me? Or just 18 for the first, and 13 for all the rest?

Re: Re: Re: About Dodge...

Originally posted by Nucleon

So, if I have say 5 CSLs with Martial Dodge and a DEX 24, do I get DCV 18 against all the attacks directed at me? Or just 18 for the first, and 13 for all the rest?

That's an interesting question. The point about CSL I was thinking about was HTH only or Ranged only Skill Levels. In the HTH example you could use them for DCV but only against other HTH attacks. At least that is my understand, so you question about Martial is an intersting question. As a general ruling for my game, I'd have to ask was the attack you were dodging HTH or ranged? Which every one it was would get the FULL DCV of 18, and the other 13. Example, say you dodged a fist, you would be DCV 18 vs all HTH, and DCV 13 for all ranged attacks. Unless of course the skill levels where 5pts levels, then it would always be 18 in those cases.

Re: Re: About Dodge...

Originally posted by nblade

Like any combat maneuver, it valid against all attacks until next phase. The only things that may or may not be applied is CSL, depending on their type and how they are used.

To quibble, this is not entirely accurate, if you mean to say the DCV bonus for any martial maneuver is valid against all attacks. Officially, the DCV bonuses from HTH maneuvers only work in HTH combat, and those from ranged martial arts maneuvers only work vs ranged attacks. Dodge being an exception, the bonus for maneuvers with the Dodge basis work vs. all attacks.

Though many GMs, including myself, allow martial arts maneuver DCV bonuses to apply vs all attacks. But that is nothing more than a common house rule.

For the "official" word:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2081