1 point CSLs (again)

Dr. Anomaly

Question

Steve,

The reason some of us were wondering about 1-point CSLs is that with Hero Designer, when you select Combat Skill Levels, the first (default) choice is "with any single attack with one specific weapon", which is listed as costing 1 point. Since Hero Designer is supposed to implement the rules, not define the rules, this lead to a debate about in which book the option for a 1-point CSL was, since we couldn't think of how else it could be offered as an option in HD.

Just so we're on the same page here, would you take a look at the Combat Skill Levels in HD and make sure which way it's supposed to be?

1 answer to this question

Re: 1 point CSLs (again)

The answer's the same -- there's no such thing in the official rules (though they are mentioned as an option on FH 87; that's where Dan got 'em, I think, and I've told him it's OK to keep 'em in HD). I also discuss 1-point CSLs in the forthcoming The Ultimate Skill, but that just makes them an option suggested in an Ultimate book (one that ain't even in print yet;)) in addition to a genre book.