Damage?

Prince_Bejita

Question

I've been pondering something for a while now. If a character has a PD that decreases STUN damage to 0, does he/she still take body? It would seem to me that if they're strong enough to not take any damage STUN wise from a punch/kick, then they wouldn't be hurt, right? I've just been trying to get a good handle of the basics of combat before I throw my friends into the relm of Roleplaying (which they've never done before). I don't want to confuse them any more than they already are!

1 answer to this question

It's theoretically possible to take BODY even if one takes no STUN; there's no rule that says "if defenses reduce the STUN taken to 0, the character automatically takes no BODY."

However, given the way STUN and BODY are calculated for both Normal and Killing Damage, offhand I think the only way someone could take BODY if they took no STUN would be (a) a character with a small amount of Resistant Defense but a lot of Normal Defense hit by a high BODY Killing Damage attack, or (B) some sort of weird defense ability that provided lots of defense that only worked against STUN damage.