Help with my concept

ScottTheGR81

Ok, for my character that I want to make, I have a power in mind that I need help figuring out. It would be a power that the character could shift and redistribute the points around in any way he wanted, kind of like a reality warping idea(but only affecting his powers) as an additional idea the character might be one designed around mimicing fictional or real characters he either sees or draws/interacts with.(someone who would assume the powers and, possibly the look, if only slight changes to his appearence based on who he is mimicing).

Any help/input will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Re: Help with my concept

Not sure how many points you're working with, but here goes:

Assuming your GM approves of your concept and how it's built:

Super-Fictional Reality Warp Powers: (100 point Variable Power Pool, no roll needed to change; may change as 0-phase action) 250 real points

If the campaign is built on more points than a standard 350 cap, you could increase the pool.

All the other stuff is just special effects of the power as none of them are really limiting (you might get a Distinctive Feature disad depending on how much your appearance changes).

Yep, the VPP is the way to go with this without getting overly convoluted. On the VPP add the Only To Mimic Limitation (-1/2 I think) to reduce the cost down to 200 Overall.

Another would be to buy a whoel suite of powers (possibly every one in the book) with Variable SFX and Variable Advantages on it. But that's not only unweidly but massively expensive.

On the VPP add the Only To Mimic Limitation (-1/2 I think) to reduce the cost down to 200 Overall.

I thought about this, but didn't include the mimic limit because he wants to mimic powers of fictitious beings, which really isn't a limit at all(presumably he could cite Beyonder from Secret Wars, "Q" from Star Trek and just do anything up to his point limit).

I thought about this' date=' but didn't include the mimic limit because he wants to mimic powers of [i']fictitious[/i] beings, which really isn't a limit at all(presumably he could cite Beyonder from Secret Wars, "Q" from Star Trek and just do anything up to his point limit).

Is a good point. May not be appropriate for this VPP.

VPPs can be a box of worms - might I suggest Multiform? Certainly cheaper, and for only a few points, you can double the number of different forms you can change to. Of course, you have to design each form before you can play it, but that takes out the abusive potential of VPP (especially Cosmic). It also forces you to decide just which characters your hero knows well enough to shift into, as well as a mechanic for growth as he dose more reading/watching.

I can see it now: "There's a new criminal mastermind on the loose! The police are stumped because he leaves almost no clues!"

"OK, let me pop over to Barnes & Noble and pick up the boxed set of Sherlock Holmes mysteries. Call me tomorrow!"