GURPS Vehicles 2nd ed worth $10?

Valentine

I've seen a few folks say some good things about this book http://www.warehouse23.com/item.html?id=SJG6505

and seeing as how The Ultimate Vehicle is MIA in print and pdf I was wondering how useful people thought this book is. I've got Transhuman Space by the same author and it has some decent design rules, for the limited setting, in it.

I'm more of a fan of 'pick your component' vehicle design like Battletech/Heavy Gear, but using HERO to work 'backwards' from the end effects means it might be helpful to have alot of info to draw from. It might be easier to build vehicle components from the GURPS examples than to pull them from thin air.

I'd like to end up with vehicle components in HERO that could be used to 'player assemble' sort of like in Battletech but for more than just a mecha setting.

So any opinions on the info on the book? Since it is $10 it is kind of easy to chance but if it is not very helpful unless you are using GURPS then I'll pass on it.

Re: GURPS Vehicles 2nd ed worth $10?

Gurps Vehicles is pretty much the opposite approach of HERO vehicles, it is very technical, lots of formulas and calculations, it works pretty good if you want to figure out what something that doesn't exist should look like, so it actually complements HERO well since that vehicle book is designed more to build something you have a pretty solid concept of. I would say it is easily worth $10. The made a couple of add on expansion books you might check out too.