Retrocognition follow up.

Zephrosyne

Question

I couldn't edit my last post so I have to make another one. Sorry. When one looks into the past using Retrocognition, is the past viewed in real time? In other words if a person is looking into the past and views an event that takes one minute of time, does he spend one minute of current time to view the event?

Furthermore, if the answer to the above question is yes, what about Endurance expenditure. I mean the power is Constant which means that the user will have to spend Endurance every Phase to maintain it, which can get really expensive. Would it be acceptable (by the book) for the clairsentient to reduce his Speed to 2 so that the Endurance cost is less expensive while maintaining the power? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Re: Retrocognition follow up.

1. Yes, events are viewed in “real time” — for every 1 Segment of time spent viewing, 1 Segment’s worth of viewed actions occur. See the forthcoming The Ultimate Mentalist for ways to “speed things up.”

2. Given that Retrocognition is almost always going to be used out of combat, I don’t seen the END expenditure as any sort of problem, since out of combat generally there’s no need to worry about END or SPD.