Limitations on a VPP

Guardian

Question

Hi Steve -

You've heard it before, but I just want to say thanks again for your tireless work on answering our questions. Your service to your fan base is unparalleled in the RPG community.

One of my players (I'm the GM) wants to use a magic-based VPP with several limitations on the control cost. I have no problems with the lims themselves, but I am questioning whether they can be legally applied to the slots as well as the control cost.

One of the lims is "Limited Range", but some of the power slots that are planned to be used include Growth, HTH attack, and Characteristics. Obviously range is not a factor with those powers. So can that lim be used with only the control cost, both control cost and the VPP slots, or not at all because the lim potentially wouldn't apply to some of the planned spells?

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME !!!

1 answer to this question

Re: Limitations on a VPP

If a character plans to create slots in a VPP that don't use a particularly Limitation (as in the case of Growth and Limited Range), then he can't apply that Limitation to the VPP's control cost. Doing that is only possible when (a) the Limitation applies to all slots, or (B) the Limitation affects the changing of the VPP (or the like). You can find more information on 5ER 311-12.