Vehicle/Base Resource Points question

Flames

This is probably going to sound like a pretty dumb question, but here goes...

I'm starting up Dark Champions for the first time, and I've given my players the 75 Resource Points as suggested in the book, mainly because I like the idea of capping the amount of gear they go strolling around with, and I want them to go wild designing their characters' Manhattan apartments.

I understand how the Equipment part of is designed to work, but I'm fuzzy on the Vehicle/Bases part.

If I give the player characters 10 Vehicle/Base Resource Points each, does that mean they have 10 points to build the actual vehicles and/or bases with, or do they have 10x5=50 points to build them with?

It makes more sense to me that Heroic-level characters would only have to spend a single point to buy 10 points' worth of vehicle or base, but I might have the wrong impression of how Resource Points are meant to work.

Re: Vehicle/Base Resource Points question

This is probably going to sound like a pretty dumb question, but here goes...

I'm starting up Dark Champions for the first time, and I've given my players the 75 Resource Points as suggested in the book, mainly because I like the idea of capping the amount of gear they go strolling around with, and I want them to go wild designing their characters' Manhattan apartments.

I understand how the Equipment part of is designed to work, but I'm fuzzy on the Vehicle/Bases part.

If I give the player characters 10 Vehicle/Base Resource Points each, does that mean they have 10 points to build the actual vehicles and/or bases with, or do they have 10x5=50 points to build them with?

It makes more sense to me that Heroic-level characters would only have to spend a single point to buy 10 points' worth of vehicle or base, but I might have the wrong impression of how Resource Points are meant to work.

It's pretty clearly stated that the allocation of Resouce pools are in real points... so your basic 10 resource points worth of vehicles/bases allows you to use 10 real points worth of vehicles & bases actively in play at any time, with a suggested basic starting "armory" of 1.5 times the base, or 15 real points.

So yes, it means that you take the Resource points and multiply them by 5 to get the points the players can use to build them with. Max of 50 points for a normal starting character. What they can buy is based on the Equipment availability perk they buy.

So a starting character with nothing spent to upgrade either his resource pool or his availability could have, for example, a starting "Armory" consisting of an apartment built on 35 points as a Base (7 real points) and a car built on 40 (8 real points). This maxes out his 15 point "Armory", and the 10 points in his Resouce pool "Kit" could hold either of them in play, but not both at once (Assuming he's not going be driving around in his apartment ;) )

10 x 5

And since 1 character point buys 2 vehicle resource points buys 10 vehicle points, there is a definite economy of scale going on there.

As an aside, you can play around with Resource Points as a starting benefit like I do with the Origins in MetaCyber:

http://www.killershrike.com/MetaCyber/MetaCyberCharacters_Origins.shtml

The Adept Origin is able to manipulate the alllocation of their Resource Pools and get 15 character points worth of extra Resource Pool.

Boy, are my players going to be happy to hear that!

I found the part you were talking about... it says that a character has an Armory in every Resource Category.

They're going to have a ball writing up their bases. :rolleyes: