Linked attacks + Str minimum

Elysea

Question

My character, a sort of dark paladin, wields a sword: a 2d6 HKA with the OAF limitation and a Str min of 15. I'm looking at enchanting the sword, giving it the power to steal vitae when I attack -- a Linked END Transfer. Can the Str min limitation be applied to the cost of the Transfer when I purchase it? Examples in the book do not take the Str limitation on the linked secondary attack as far as I can tell, but it would seem that without matching Str mins, the two attacks could hypothetically wind up with different OCVs when I swing the sword if I happen to be Str drained.

Second/third question: I bought the +1/4 Autofire advantage for the sword to represent the character's speed and skill with the blade -- sort of an alternative to making a Sweep attack, it lets me make a half-move before attacking but it cost character points and it drives up the END cost of the attack. Was this trade-off technically legal? (I suppose anything your GM approves is legal... :)) And third, when buying the Linked Transfer mentioned above, will the Transfer also require the Autofire advantage in order to go off with every swing? My assumption is that without the advantage, it will only activate on the first swing. Buying Autofire for Transfer incurs the extra +1 advantage since it applies to an exotic defense, which would quickly lead to the Transfer having more active points than the power it would be linked to and making the cost unfeasible.

Summary: When can two Linked powers which are special effects of the same Focus have identical Advantages and Limitations, and when should they differ?

Thanks!

Elysea

1 answer to this question

There are several questions in the Rules FAQ under "Linked" that deal with the question of identical modifiers; I suggest you check those out. If their answers (both general and specific) don't apply to all your questions, please post a follow-up.

Whether your Autofire power is legal is up to the GM. There's nothing in the rulebook that specifically says you can't do it.