[spell review] Enchaneters

JmOz

When I built these I had a bunch of ideas, so forgot to put a couple lims down, especialy Foci for some reason...

Enchantment Multipower, 15-point reserve, (15 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; -1/4); all slots Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4)

Enchant Weapon: +1 with All Combat, UBO (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (14 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Costs END (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Foci: Pen & Ink

Enchant Armor: Armor (3 PD/2 ED), Must spend 1 END to activate (+0), Usable By Other (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (15 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -3/4), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Foci: Pen & ink

Enchant Stones: EB 3d6 (vs. ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Range Based On STR (-1/4)

Foci: Stone of opertunity

Spell of Inspiration: +10 PRE, Uncontrolled (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)

Foci: Piece of a soldier’s armor (Can be a small patch)

Enchant Object: Cosmetic Transform 3d6 (Normal Object to Magical Versions of Object) (15 Active Points)

(needs Lims: Gestures, OIF: expendable)

Foci: Oil mixed with other ingrediants

Lock/Unlock: Lockpicking 17- (15 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Dex does not add (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Foci: Small key (must fit into keyhole, can be to small)

Load Stone: +5 STR, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Usable By Other (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Invisible to Hearing, and Sight Groups (+3/4) (14 Active Points); Lifting Only (-1), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4)

Foci: Small Stone

Boots of Travel: (Total: 14 Active Cost, 4 Real Cost) Running 0" (6" total), x4 Noncombat, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Usable By Other (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (10 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), OIF (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus Leaping +2" (5" forward, 2 1/2" upward), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Usable By Other (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (4 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), OIF (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

Foci: Pair of footwear

Clumsy: Negative Combat Skill Levels (-1 to opponent's DCV), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Ranged (+1/2), LOS (+1/2) (15 Active Points)

Foci: A piece of string/thread/twine tied in a specific knot

Charm: Seduction 17- (15 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), PRE does not add (-1/4)

Re: [spell review] Enchanters

When I built these I had a bunch of ideas' date=' so forgot to put a couple lims down, especialy Foci for some reason...[/quote']

Allright. I have a memory like a goldfish, though, so please forgive me if I ding you on it.

Enchantment Multipower' date=' 15-point reserve, (15 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; -1/4); all slots Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4)[/quote']

OK, I'm assuming that the magic items below aren't in the pool.

Enchant Weapon: +1 with All Combat, UBO (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (14 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Costs END (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Foci: Pen & Ink

What about a custom lim. Only With Enchanted Weapon? I guess thats part of what focus will do for it. Speaking of focus...pen&ink? That seems odd for something that will usually be cast on a metal object. Why not steel powder or blade oil? or snake oil for that matter.

Enchant Armor: Armor (3 PD/2 ED), Must spend 1 END to activate (+0), Usable By Other (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (15 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -3/4), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Foci: Pen & ink

Ah...I'm beggining to see a patter with the pen&ink, so I'll stop now. Did you intend for the armor to be uneven (3/2) or did you want 3/3? I would have told the player to build this as a force field, but with 15 points I don't think you can afford 9(1+1 1/4) for end to activate and uncontrolled. This is one of those things where I would tell the player to wait until they could afford a big enough pool to fit it in.

Enchant Stones: EB 3d6 (vs. ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Range Based On STR (-1/4)

Foci: Stone of opportunity

corrected a little spelling. I'm not one to talk. Looks nice, but remember you're making the player pay for something most characters can do for free by virtue of their STR. When I build rock-throwing spells they are either damaging enough to make them clearly more effective, or they have an advantage to distinguish them from the warrior hurling a pebble.

Spell of Inspiration: +10 PRE, Uncontrolled (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)

Foci: Piece of a soldier’s armor (Can be a small patch)

I assume this is for inspiring troops? I would use an aid or a succor, I don't like spells that just add raw stats.

Enchant Object: Cosmetic Transform 3d6 (Normal Object to Magical Versions of Object) (15 Active Points)

Foci: Oil mixed with other ingrediants

If a cosmetic transform will enchant an object, I'm guessing that magical objects are no more durable or powerful than regular object? I would build as a major transform 1d6. You can then use this spell to add powers to an object up to the GMs limits. Remember that transform damage works like damage, it all adds up as you keep casting the spell over an over. It takes time to enchant something.

Lock/Unlock: Lockpicking 17- (15 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Dex does not add (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Foci: Small key (must fit into keyhole, can be to small)

One of the few spells I build as a skill. I like building Lock as a change environment. Shouldn't you have the focus limitation on here?

Load Stone: +5 STR, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Usable By Other (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Invisible to Hearing, and Sight Groups (+3/4) (14 Active Points); Lifting Only (-1), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4)

Foci: Small Stone

I take it this is an item that is not in the pool? Or I guess its just a temporary magical item. In any case, I like the idea. Making them pay for IPE isn't needed, I think. STR isn't normally 'visible' in that legal sense. Also, this means the magic can be smelled? or felt? wierd

Boots of Travel: (Total: 14 Active Cost, 4 Real Cost) Running 0" (6" total), x4 Noncombat, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Usable By Other (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (10 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), OIF (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus Leaping +2" (5" forward, 2 1/2" upward), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Usable By Other (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (4 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), OIF (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

Foci: Pair of footwear

Wicked. The hobbit becomes the messanger because he's to short to stand up for himself, and he's the only one expendable enough to go out on his own.

Clumsy: Negative Combat Skill Levels (-1 to opponent's DCV), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Ranged (+1/2), LOS (+1/2) (15 Active Points)

Foci: A piece of string/thread/twine tied in a specific knot

Nice. I would like -1 overall, limited to dex-based stuff. Can't just use 5-point dex levels cuz then it wouldn't affect CVs.

Charm: Seduction 17- (15 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4)' date=' PRE does not add (-1/4)[/quote']

I'd prefer a good mind control. Also seems somewhat out of place. All these enchantment spells which grant/enhance a person or object an ability (whether its good or bad) and then whats basically a mind-affecting power? I suppose I could see transform person into friend, but still.

As always, a list of neat and interesting spells

Allright. I have a memory like a goldfish, though, so please forgive me if I ding you on it.

OK, I'm assuming that the magic items below aren't in the pool.

What about a custom lim. Only With Enchanted Weapon? I guess thats part of what focus will do for it. Speaking of focus...pen&ink? That seems odd for something that will usually be cast on a metal object. Why not steel powder or blade oil? or snake oil for that matter.

Ah...I'm beggining to see a patter with the pen&ink, so I'll stop now. Did you intend for the armor to be uneven (3/2) or did you want 3/3? I would have told the player to build this as a force field, but with 15 points I don't think you can afford 9(1+1 1/4) for end to activate and uncontrolled. This is one of those things where I would tell the player to wait until they could afford a big enough pool to fit it in.

corrected a little spelling. I'm not one to talk. Looks nice, but remember you're making the player pay for something most characters can do for free by virtue of their STR. When I build rock-throwing spells they are either damaging enough to make them clearly more effective, or they have an advantage to distinguish them from the warrior hurling a pebble.

I assume this is for inspiring troops? I would use an aid or a succor, I don't like spells that just add raw stats.

If a cosmetic transform will enchant an object, I'm guessing that magical objects are no more durable or powerful than regular object? I would build as a major transform 1d6. You can then use this spell to add powers to an object up to the GMs limits. Remember that transform damage works like damage, it all adds up as you keep casting the spell over an over. It takes time to enchant something.

One of the few spells I build as a skill. I like building Lock as a change environment. Shouldn't you have the focus limitation on here?

I take it this is an item that is not in the pool? Or I guess its just a temporary magical item. In any case, I like the idea. Making them pay for IPE isn't needed, I think. STR isn't normally 'visible' in that legal sense. Also, this means the magic can be smelled? or felt? wierd

Wicked. The hobbit becomes the messanger because he's to short to stand up for himself, and he's the only one expendable enough to go out on his own.

Nice. I would like -1 overall, limited to dex-based stuff. Can't just use 5-point dex levels cuz then it wouldn't affect CVs.

I'd prefer a good mind control. Also seems somewhat out of place. All these enchantment spells which grant/enhance a person or object an ability (whether its good or bad) and then whats basically a mind-affecting power? I suppose I could see transform person into friend, but still.

As always, a list of neat and interesting spells

Actualy the magic items are in the pool, they are temporary items, lasting based on the roll of the skill roll and a base measurement (The boots for example start at 20 min for circle 1, an additional 5 min per point the roll was made by), real magic items are made differently.

The Pen and ink: As pictured it is drawing runes onto a weapon or armor, the runes only last a short time before fading, but it brings out the ability to do more

The one F/X on the loadstone is "magic" if the character has a detect for magic (All sorcerers in my world have one) can see the stone is enchanted

The reason for a cosmetic transform is that all it does is make it enchanted, no extra defence, no extra damage (Unless something is vulnerable to magic)

Actualy the magic items are in the pool' date=' they are temporary items, lasting based on the roll of the skill roll and a base measurement (The boots for example start at 20 min for circle 1, an additional 5 min per point the roll was made by), real magic items are made differently.[/quote']

OK, makes sense. An interesting approach, too

The one F/X on the loadstone is "magic" if the character has a detect for magic (All sorcerers in my world have one) can see the stone is enchanted

I still don't think that it needs IPE, though. If it is visible to magic, thats a limitation if anything. I wouldn't even give it one of those.

The reason for a cosmetic transform is that all it does is make it enchanted' date=' no extra defence, no extra damage (Unless something is vulnerable to magic)[/quote']

I hadn't thought of that, how useful. Could my wizard use this spell to enchant a sword with fire, so that it gains the sFX "Fire?" I might have to build a spell like this for my next character - I've avoided cosmetic and lesser transforms for the most part.