[Spell review] Fire Magic

JmOz

Fire Spells: Multipower, 25-point reserve, Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; -1/4); all slots Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4)

Firebolt: RKA 1d6 (vs. ED); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4)

Fireball: RKA 1/2d6 (vs. ED), Explosion (+1/2) (15 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4)

Heat Exhaustion: Drain REC 0 1/2d6, Ranged (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (15 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Not vs Immuinity to Heat (-1/4)

Burn: Drain STUN 0 1/2d6, Ranged (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Day; +1 1/2) (15 Active Points)

Warm: CE 2" radius, +1 Temperature Level Adjustment, Long-Lasting 20 Minutes (15 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4)

Protection from Flames: (Total: 15 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) FF (5 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Invisible to Sight Group (+1/2) (12 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Linked (LS; -1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus LS (Safe in Intense Heat), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (3 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Linked (FF; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

Control fire: TK (10 STR) (15 Active Points); Only vs Fire (-1), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2)

See the Heart of fire: IR Perception (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Uncontrolled (+1/2) (15 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Costs END (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)

Dancing Flames: +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Offensive Only (-1), Only to paralyse (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Costs END (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)

Extinguish: Dispel Any one Fire Spell 5d6 (15 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Most of the Foci are going to be ashes, chared wood, that sort of thing...

Re: [spell review] Fire Magic

Fire Spells: Multipower' date=' 25-point reserve, Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; -1/4); all slots Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4)[/quote']

Great. A pool big enough to wreak some havok!

Firebolt: RKA 1d6 (vs. ED); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2)' date=' Gestures (-1/4)[/quote']

Nice, but unless you intend for your wizard to be less dangerous (raw-damage-wise) than just about everyone else in the party, maybe increase to 1d6+1 or add AP or something.

Fireball: RKA 1/2d6 (vs. ED)' date=' Explosion (+1/2) (15 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4)[/quote']

Same comment as above, basically. Maybe make it a 1d6 with One Hex. Won't (usually) affect multiple opponents, but it allows you to almost guarantee a hit. Could also make it 1 hex doubled. At least 1d6 explosion, or a reduced fade rate, cuz 1/2d6 is going to be ignored by a lot of baddies (2 body 10 stun? leather armor offers good protection from this spell)

Heat Exhaustion: Drain REC 0 1/2d6' date=' Ranged (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (15 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Not vs Immuinity to Heat (-1/4)[/quote']

Ooh...nasty. I like it. If I were GM, I'd tell you to buy it at a full d6 or wait until you had raised your pool enough to afford one.

Burn: Drain STUN 0 1/2d6' date=' Ranged (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Day; +1 1/2) (15 Active Points)[/quote']

Same comment.

Warm: CE 2" radius' date=' +1 Temperature Level Adjustment, Long-Lasting 20 Minutes (15 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4)[/quote']

Useful. You could always add more temp levels, since you don't have to use all of them.

Protection from Flames: (Total: 15 Active Cost' date=' 5 Real Cost) FF (5 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Invisible to Sight Group (+1/2) (12 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Linked (LS; -1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus LS (Safe in Intense Heat), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (3 Active Points); OIF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1/2), Linked (FF; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1)[/quote']

Looks like what I use. Maybe add in some regular ed to protect from the stun.

Control fire: TK (10 STR) (15 Active Points); Only vs Fire (-1)' date=' Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2)[/quote']

I can see someone haveing way to much fun with this. Add fine manipulation and you can illustrate your stories with fiery images. Great

See the Heart of fire: IR Perception (Sight Group)' date=' Discriminatory, Uncontrolled (+1/2) (15 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Costs END (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)[/quote']

Discriminatory? OK. I would have added some flash defense, but its your thing

Dancing Flames: +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Offensive Only (-1)' date=' Only to paralyse (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Costs END (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)[/quote']

Presence only to paralyze? I'd be pulling my player-whomping stick out. Why not build 5d6 mind control as hypnosis, theres an example in 5e/5er in the sidebar by mind control.

Extinguish: Dispel Any one Fire Spell 5d6 (15 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase' date=' -1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)[/quote']

Don't you need the +1/4 advantage for any one fire spell? Can you not extinguish normal fires? Remember that dispels are cheap for a good reason, so buy as many dice as you can. This dispel would have trouble dispelling any of your other spells, and I don't like spells that have an unreliable effect after you've made an attack roll and a skill roll allready.

Most of the Foci are going to be ashes' date=' chared wood, that sort of thing...[/quote']

Obsidian and other volcanic stones are neat too. Don't forget sulpher, brimstone, and brass.

Again, a list of really cool ideas

Had the MP wrong, these are Circle spell 1's as well (15 active points)...Most of your sugestions will be incorporated into circle 2 (25 active points)

On dispel: I have a house rule that boils down to the +1/4 level is a freebie

Dancing Flames is suppose to be a distraction type spell, paralyizing is a shorthand for "Only to cause delays in combat" not true paralasis, I feel PRE better reflects the idea

Thank you for all the great coments. I do appreciate them. I think I will be including the extra ED and FD into those spells, probably rewrite the Sight and put the ED in the second circle version

The dispel makes more sense now. Our house rule about adjustment powers is +1/4 advantage per thing affected beyond the first (up to +2 everything) and +1/4 to change those things from use to use.

The dancing flames will only delay people for a phase or so, but then again it can be used against pretty much about everyone who can see it.

Glad I could help!:thumbup: