How would you handle this? 'Slugger' Siegfried

FenrisUlf

Kind of an odd question here, and I hope it counts as Pulp-related: I had an uncle who lived in the Pulp era. he was tough, nasty, and while he never had actual boxing training, he had a killer right that could and routinely did knock a man out in one shot. He became infamous in his home neighborhood when he beat up the local bully at the age of 14 -- a man who won several drunken brawls, was about 6'3" and weighed in at 250-300 pounds, and got wiped out in two punches without even getting a shot off. (It was because he cheated my uncle out of a days' wages during the Depression. Uncle Bill asked for it. The bully laughed and told him to "Come and take it if you think you're man enough." Bill did so.)

He was also so fast that if he threw a punch most folks didn't even see it coming. They often didn't even know they'd been hit until they woke up on the floor.

Now how would you handle something like that in game terms? I'm figuring probably STR 15-20 (or even higher; my uncle was a powerhouse of a man) with a HA +5-6d6, probably with 3-pt HA Levels and some Lightning Reflexes with said HA.

Re: How would you handle this? 'Slugger' Siegfried

Now how would you handle something like that in game terms? I'm figuring probably STR 15-20 (or even higher; my uncle was a powerhouse of a man) with a HA +5-6d6, probably with 3-pt HA Levels and some Lightning Reflexes with said HA.

well, +5 or 6 d6HA would be a bit much. thats 8 to10 d6, and I'm thinking you should be looking at 6 to 8. (for that instant knockout, remmeber hit location to the head does wonders for normal stun).

Maybe a dice or two of HA, a dash of lightning reflexes, and the hth levels you mentioned.

However, 'Dirty Infighting', the 'Manly art of Fisticuffs', or even 'Street Fighter' can be a valid excuse for a few martial arts moves.

Re: How would you handle this? 'Slugger' Siegfried

Kind of an odd question here, and I hope it counts as Pulp-related: I had an uncle who lived in the Pulp era. he was tough, nasty, and while he never had actual boxing training, he had a killer right that could and routinely did knock a man out in one shot. He became infamous in his home neighborhood when he beat up the local bully at the age of 14 -- a man who won several drunken brawls, was about 6'3" and weighed in at 250-300 pounds, and got wiped out in two punches without even getting a shot off. (It was because he cheated my uncle out of a days' wages during the Depression. Uncle Bill asked for it. The bully laughed and told him to "Come and take it if you think you're man enough." Bill did so.)

He was also so fast that if he threw a punch most folks didn't even see it coming. They often didn't even know they'd been hit until they woke up on the floor.

I'd go along with incrdbil and make it 3 to 5 dice of HA.

I'd give the HA Invisible Power Effects, Normal Sight (+1/4) to represent being so very fast, and buy a naked Advantage: IPE, Normal Sight, on his STR, Only with "killer right" (-1).

Lightning Reflexes and CSLs are also good.