Regeneration (sort of) question

Viper3220

Now I am making a superhero that can regenerate. nothing much basic 1 body every 12 seconds. Now I want him to be immune to poisons, but I want them to affect him at first, but when he regenerates, his body "flushes" them out of his system. I want this to work on Drains,Poisons and Diseases. Would I just like link these powers to my healing? If I did link them to healing, would they automatically get used when I regenerated? I can't seem to find a way to do this properly.

Re: Regeneration (sort of) question

Now I am making a superhero that can regenerate. nothing much basic 1 body every 12 seconds. Now I want him to be immune to poisons' date=' but I want them to affect him at first, but when he regenerates, his body "flushes" them out of his system. I want this to work on Drains,Poisons and Diseases. Would I just like link these powers to my healing? If I did link them to healing, would they automatically get used when I regenerated? I can't seem to find a way to do this properly.[/quote']

Purchase the appropriate Life Support: Terrestrial Poisons and Diseases, Extra Time, 1 Turn. That's the quick and easy method and the one I would urge on players. Life Support, is assumed to be always turned on unless specifically bought otherwise.

For the resistance to Drains, I think you can purchase a separate version of the Heal/regeneration ability, with the Expanded Effect (Any power or characteristic affected by a Drain that affects the character's physical form, +2).

I put the "physical form" qaulifier in there so that the character would still be affected by non-metahuman-based drains. For example, the character can still be frightened, and a Drain ability could concievably be the game mechanic someone would use to simulate a really scary encounter.

You may also want to put Inherant (+1/4) on it and your regeneration/Life Support, to protect the regenreation powers themselves from being drained.

Also - note that this is not a particularly useful TACTICAL ability, but is a pretty good STRATEGIC ability - ie, it won't help you much in a fight, but it'll get you up and ready to go faster for the next fight (assuming you survive).

The reason I ask is because my Character is tough, but 8ft tall and like 400 pounds, He's bulky and slow (8 dex) so if I get 24 AP of dex drained, I can't move, that's fine, but I want to be able to "tough through it" sort of like a "When I get the strength to move again, you're done" or whatever