Master List of Procedural Limitations

Cantriped

Ok, Herophiles, I need your help. Out of sheer boredom and the fact that I already had some of the work done I've decided to create a Master list of Procedural Spell Limitations.

Now as I've gathered there was one for 4th edition, but I haven’t heard anything about a 5th edition version.

Now currently the list is nowhere near complete in my mind, but thus far what is there is largely geared towards systems which use Variable Limitations in place of fixed spell procedures.

For the sake of definition, when I say Procedural Limitation what I mean is just about any modifier which represents something that must be done in order to utilize the ability. Rather then an Effect modifier, which changes the end result.

Examples of Procedural Modifiers: Gestures, Incantations, Concentration, Delayed effect.

Examples of Effect Modifiers: Lingering, Gradual Effect, No Range, Armor Piercing.

Anyway On to the lists. Anybody interested can post new procedures and I'll try to add em all to the list. The "Procedure" doesn’t have to be just one limitation; it can be a grouping of Lims and maybe even advantages thown in.

For ease of reading I've split the List itself, and related Footnotes (indicated by underlined superscript numbers in the Procedures name)

[ATTACH]22324[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22323[/ATTACH]

Re: Master List of Procedural Limitations

Blood powered - Side effect, always does 1 Body damage -1/4

Clockwork powered - OAF, fragile

Mana battery powered - OIF, charges

Requires Ley Line to power - limited -1/2

Not on holy ground - limited -1/4

Mancies :)

Sonomancy - 1.5x effect in liquids, 2x effect through solids, no effect through vacuum +1/2