Multipower Focus Questions, (how does it work)

fullmetal80110

:confused:How does a multi-power work?:confused:

I am designing a weapon for my character, I want to put it into a multipower to define how many attacks it has possible. I am basically making a Sword-Gun, It looks like a big sword (A little like cloud's from final fantasy, kina) except when he turns the handle the sword seperates into two halves and a big barrel is in the middle. I am also going to get it to be able to swing and tear apart the ground in front of it (Think windscar from inuyasha).

I was also wondering if I could by combat skill levels (DCV ones) and define them as being able to block with the sword, could I do that and have it so they don't have to go in the multipower.

I will be checking the boards constantly (hourly) looking for a response, or if prefered you can e-mail me at fullmetal80110@yahoo.com. I am sure these questions have been aske alot before but I am just starting to look through the power frameworks at this.

-Thank you

P.S. If any of you would be willing to help me design the character build please tell me in a post or e-mail me, I would greatly apreciate this because the hero designer is a pain and I am well..... Kinda a noob at this. I would apreciate anyone who can spare some time to help me out, if I find people willing to do this I will type his background up on this thread.

-Extra thanks and cookies to all willing to do this :thumbup:

Re: Multipower Focus Questions, (how does it work)

What edition of HERO do you currently have access to fullmetal80110?

It sounds like you are trying to build something like the sword used by one of the characters from Farscape.

Here's a quick build of that sword as follows:

25 Gun-Blade: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1)

• 2u 1) Slice: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) HKA 1d6+1 (2d6+1 w/STR *), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (40 Active Points) (Real Cost: 20) plus +2 with HTH Combat (10 Active Points) (Real Cost: 5) 0
  • 2u 2) Hilt-Smash: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) HA +6d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 18) plus +1 with HTH Combat (5 Active Points) (Real Cost: 2) 0
  • 2u 3) Hidden-Blaster: EB 8d6, 32 Charges (+1/4) (50 Active Points) vs ED. [32]

* the HKA damage assumes character with 25 STR.

:confused:How does a multi-power work?:confused:

A multipower pool is a group of powers that you get to save a bunch of points on because you can only use one at a time - basically. It can get a little more complicated than that, but for your gun-sword it will work that way - you'll have two or more slots, such as the HKA (Blade) and RKA (Bullet), and you get to pick which one to use each phase.

I was also wondering if I could by combat skill levels (DCV ones) and define them as being able to block with the sword' date=' could I do that and have it so they don't have to go in the multipower. [/size']

That is a perfectly acceptible special effect for DCV levels. It also means you could add a Focus limitation to the CSLs, making them more affordable, since you don't get the DCV without the sword in hand. Putting them into the Multipower is (I think) technically against the rules, but it is something I have allowed and used to simulate a total defense mode.

P.S. If any of you would be willing to help me design the character build please tell me in a post or e-mail me, I would greatly apreciate this because the hero designer is a pain and I am well..... Kinda a noob at this. I would apreciate anyone who can spare some time to help me out, if I find people willing to do this I will type his background up on this thread.

-Extra thanks and cookies to all willing to do this :thumbup:

I'm sure you can find tons of people willing to help you build the character - try starting a thread for that purpose in the appropriate genre board (Fantasy, I'm guessing)

Good luck

PS: Thanks for the cookies

Welcome Valkyrie... er, fullmetal80110!

You've already got your answers, I just wanted to say "Hi" and welcome.

People like building characters here, I'm sure you'll get lots of help. What would help us out is:

1. About what power level is the character? Most superheroes are 350 points total. A high powered Wuxia game might work well for Inu Yasha at around 250 points. Most typical heroic fantasy comes in at around 100 to 150 points.

2. Also, points wise we'll need the points plus disadvantages. Like Superheroes are normally 200 points plus 150 in disadvantages. While I'm on disadvantages, give us a little character description so we can work some on some disadvantages for you.

3. What genre is this? Super hero? Fantasy? Some mix, like "Inu Yasha but darker with Full Metal style Alchemy?" Give us a little idea of what to go for.

4. How do you see the character? Very skill based? More powers based? Any special abilities (besides the gun/sword thing) that you want him to have?

5. Campaign limits would be helpful, but often GMs don't define this early on. If you don't know them, we'll just assume them from the character points and give you a basic build.