COBRA as VIPER

Captain Emu

This may have been brought up here before, but I was discussing the old GI Joe cartoons with a friend of the same generation as I and I realized that GI Joe is a wellspring of VIPER-related plot devices, tech, even character concepts.

There is no doubt that, along with HYDRA and AIM, COBRA was one of the inspirations for VIPER and so why should we not use COBRA antics in games.

The new SIGMA SIX incarnation, though wholey over the top, is actually more in line with a comic book organization than the old shows. The look is sharper, hipper and in it's anime-inspired styling, more technical than the old one.

In just a couple of episodes, I have seen robotic minions with both trooper and "ninja" variants. I have seen huge mecha-style armored units. One episode featured a sort of Mind Control Gun that fired projectiles that implanted the target with a mind control device.

Great brain candy for the fellow looking for a few new tricks to add to VIPER's arsenal.