Book Legal

JamesG

Question

Are the Power Builds in various books published by DOJ (such as Ultimate books, Genre books, etc.) considered book legal? I had always assumed I could use the samples in the books as a reliable guide for legal Limitation usage and value, etc.

But I’ve recently heard that rules restrictions, other than AP/RP cost calculations, are not enforced in books other than the core 5ER book itself. Hence the other books can not be relied upon as a source of “book legal” builds. Is this accurate?

PS – I know that material Digital Hero is not checked for legality. My question refers to the actual published books.

1 answer to this question

Re: Book Legal

I'm not sure what in the world you're referring to. Of course what we publish can generally be considered "legal" -- it would be kind of ridiculous otherwise. When we publish something that involves a heavy measure of GM's discretion, we usually make specific note of that for just that reason.

I think maybe you have it backwards. What we don't "enforce" are Active Point/Real Point restrictions, since there are no official rules for them. We establish standards for various product lines and generally try to stick to them, but that's all.