What Class of Minds are Demons/Devils?

JamesG

Question

Hi,

I was wondering, in the official 5th ed. Champions Universe setting, are Demons and Devils considered part of “Human” Class of Minds in regards to Mental Powers, or are they part of the “Alien” Class. I’m thinking that since they are tied to human beliefs they would be part of the “Human” Class, while the “Alien” class is reserved for really ‘different’ minds like the Kings of Edom. But I’d like to know the “official” stance on this.

And does the answer for Demons/Devils also apply to ‘gods’ such as Thor, Apollo, etc?

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Re: What Class of Minds are Demons/Devils?

For both demons and divine beings, that’s obviously going to vary from campaign to campaign depending on how such things are perceived, of course. (They might even be their own class of minds; see TUM for discussion of creating new classes.) In the Champions Universe setting, unless noted otherwise they’d qualify as the Human class of minds, due to the fact that they’re either (a) the creation of the human gestalt consciousness, and/or (B) have to be sufficiently “human-like” to “relate” to humans enough to interact with them.