Variable Summon

Edsel

Re: Variable Summon

I'm almost wondering if there couldn't be some kind of Variable Advantage construct that would allow you to summon a TOTAL of x pts of creatures.

Example:

Buy the power as Summon 1 - 500 pt being.

The VarAdv would allow you to summon 2 250 pters, 2 200s and a 100, 5 100s etc.

But I do agree that this is a problem. I've just been building them as MPs.

Another thing I would like to be able to do is buy:

Summon 1 400 pt being.

Then purchase a naked or partially limited bonus +100 pt being.

Summon 1 400 pt being PLUS +100 pt being Summon Extra Time 1 turn PLUS +100 pt being Summon Extra Time 5 mins.

This way you don't have to spend points on a 400 pt Summon, a 500 pt Summon and a 600 pt Summon. Not that it's much of a deal with an MP...but still.

Re: Variable Summon

Yes it is' date=' and then the control cost is half that before modifiers. I'm guessing from this post that you [u']meant[/u] to say reserve cost, not control cost in your previous post.

No, I really did mean to say Control cost, but I wasn't completely clear in what I was talking about. To clarify:

Also, there is a common house rule about the base Control Cost being half the maximum Active Points of the pool (which I use). And this maximum Active Point value need not be the same as the Reserve cost. For example, you could have a VPP with a 40-point Reserve and a 40-point (base) Control Cost, costing a total of 80 points (assuming no modifiers which, as usual can only be placed on the Control Cost). This yields a VPP that can have up to 40 Real points worth of powers, each of which may be up to 80 Active points. Obviously, in order to fit an 80 AP power into the 40 RP pool, you'll need at least -1 in Limitations. Or you could have a VPP with 100-point Reserve and 20-point Control Cost (base again), which would allow you to have 100 Real points of power, with no one power being more than 40 Active points. This would cost 120 points total.

In the case of this particular variable Summon construct, you'd need only 27 points for the Reserve (so you can fit an 80 AP power with -2 in lims), and 40 base points for the Control Cost. The CC could then be made "cosmic" for 120 points, and then limited with "Summons only" (-2), "only to Summon Demons/Astral Creatures" (-1/2? maybe), and -2 in common spell limitations, that's 24 or less for the Control cost. The total cost is then 27+24 = 51.