Expanding "Affects Body Only" Limitation?

LoresLost

Okay, after looking at the latest shapeshift tread I was rereading the shapeshift entry in the 5ER and not having Ultimate Metamorph, I noticed the limitation “Affects Body Only” listed. This limitation is a -1/2 that the shapeshift is only the actual body of the individual who has the power and not their clothing or carried items. I also noticed that other body affecting powers did not have this limitation. I could see this limitation being used with growth, shrinking and possibly multi-form (Hulk anybody) as well. Maybe not to the level of shapeshift but to the -1/4 level.

My example: If I want to create the shrinker Dr. Elvin Lincoln on the Misfits of Science TV show from the mid 1980s, I would think I would get a greater 0 limitation for not being able to take equipment (or clothing) with the character. (Doc Lincoln carried Ken clothes with him so when he used his power he could be modest.)

My question would be to Herodom is this an actual missing official limitation or is it a campaign dependent limitation, or am I missing it totally by not having UMeta? :)

EDIT::

I was thinking the shredded effect for growth and some multiforms in my initial response as well as some to the resent Atom stories (May be a little Iron age). On rethinking CC is correct.

Re: Expanding "Affects Body Only" Limitation?

I've generally assumed that 'Shrinking, Body Only' isn't considered official because most games aren't real keen on having 3" tall (or possibly worse, 30' tall) naked people running around fighting crime, plus superhero games typically have a 'near-magical costume material' that would shrink or grow along with the character.

Buying a limitation on your stuff 'not when Shrunk' however, would probably work.