Look out! It's Conservation of Energy Man!

Re: Look out! It's Conservation of Energy Man!

If Conversion man could rob a van (so say 5200 lbs) going 60 MPH (88 feet per second) of all its kinetic energy, you could propel a quarter (0.009 lbs) at a speed of 3,466,666 MPH (5,084,444 feet per second). This is about .7% the speed of light; more than enough to cause the quarter to become plasma due to kinetic energy alone.

My question is this- how would you model the fact that the mass and speed of the "drained" target would have a direct impact on how much energy could be imparted to an attack.

I would simply work out what damage the van would do (as a number of d6) if it hit you (Move Through), multiply by 5 to get an Active Points equivalent, and you're done.

Re: Look out! It's Conservation of Energy Man!

I would simply work out what damage the van would do (as a number of d6) if it hit you (Move Through)' date=' multiply by 5 to get an Active Points equivalent, and you're done.[/quote']

Good thinking, I'm sure that's more AP than I want to build it with, but good way to figure it.