Duplication in the same body

Logan D. Hurricanes

Question

I'm a little foggy on how duplication works with cannot recombine & duplicate shares a body regarding taking damage. Two situations:

1) Multiheaded type (hydra, ettin, etc.): If the dupe is only a head, then does the head have to be targeted to take damage? Or does it take all the damage that the 'body' (original char) takes? How do its defenses stack in the latter case?

2) Guardian Angel type: The dupe has no external body at all, it is basically a ride-along sentience. Does it take damage when the host does? Is there a way for it to be targetted seperately?

These make any sense?

1 answer to this question

Re: Duplication in the same body

1. This is certainly possible; plenty of published examples. I'm not sure I understand the question beyond that; if either Duplicate is attacked, each of them suffers the damage, applying its own defenses to reduce it.

2. This strikes me as illegal, per the rule under "Self Only/Only One Body" on 5ER 187 -- it's not precisely a "Multiform" type situation, but similar difficulties exist. I think there are probably ways to model this sort of ability that avoid these problems.