HTH Damage Classes

woerth

Question

For 4 pts you can take a HTH Damage Class. From my understanding you can apply one to increase your Non Killing by one damage class and it takes two to increase your killing by one damage class.

One of my players would like some clarification on this or perhaps a rationalization. Why is there difference between killing and non killing. For example in both powers that deal killing or non killing one damage class costs 5pts. Also, when using combat skills it takes two combat skill levels to increase both killing and non killing. Am I wrong in this? If not, is there reasoning that I am missing?

Thanks,

Brian

1 answer to this question

Re: HTH Damage Classes

First, just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, Extra DCs (which I assume is what you're asking about, given the cost you cite) can only be bought for Martial Arts. They don't apply to HTH Combat in general.

Second, I'm sorry, but I don't answer game/design philosophy questions.

Third, it's correct that characters in Heroic campaigns can apply +2 Combat Skill Levels to increase an attack by +1 Damage Class, but this applies to both Killing and Normal Damage; see 5ER 53 or 406.