End Reserve and Pushing

Marketeer

Question

A player wishes to purchase a reserve of End (Not necessarily and End Reserve, I will get to that in a moment) representing the fact that the character has the ability to push her limits in a pinch--moreso and with greater regularity than other characters.

In game terms, the player wants the character to have extra End that can only be used for pushing. The questions that arise are:

1) Would this properly be purchased as extra End with a Limitation, or as an End Reserve (that can only be used to pay the End cost of pushin)? I can see both answers being potentially correct, particularly because the player wants this extra capacity to still be available right after the character gets up from being knocked out (on the grounds that the character is still able to push her limits "when it counts")

2) If purchased as an End Reserve, would the character need to purchase the +1/4 advantage on her powers/strength that allow them to tap either personal End or an End Reserve?

Normally, the ability to push costs 0 character points, and the base powers/strength would not be able to tap the End Reserve for normal End costs. The Reserve would only be available to cover End costs for pushing.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Re: End Reserve and Pushing

1. Either is possible, but given the description you've provided it seems to me like Endurance Reserve would work better for the character. Otherwise she's stuck at 0 END when she wakes up from being Knocked Out, among other things.

2. Yes.