character build help thread: Pulse

JmOz

So anyways, as I was working last night a character idea came to me. As a comic geek my mind instanty started saying oh like this character with some of this character in it, etc...well what are you going to do...

The character is a college student, who in an attempt to impress a girl agrees to be a test for a research project, one thing after another goes wrong, when he wakes up he has powers

His powers are this: He can absorb energy and channel it

Flight, EB, Succor: Physical Stats, Force Field, Absorbtion: Energy to End Reserve, Change Enviroment (by the book it would be images)

All fed by his END Reserve

Ok, as i see it his END reserve is a single power, partialy limited

Part 1: End Reserve 100, Rec 1 Extra, Rec +5 Only on turns absorbtion fades

Part 2: End Reserve 50, Vissible

Part 3: End Reserve, Activation roll (Ego), Side effect

Ok, the way I see this working is simple. As he absorbs energy he is good, when he gets to part 2 on his end reserve he starts to glow, part 3 he explodes, he can make ego rolls to prevent it. He also can slowly charge by the bodies own bio electriacal charge

Thoughts on concept and refinement of mechanics?

Re: character build help thread: Pulse

You might also want to consider +Xd6 EB; Only from End Bat Part 2 and an additional +Xd6 EB, only from END Bat Part 3.

This reflects that as he overcharges, he can get extra power in his blast. It creates a nice risk / reward scenario for the player - (if I can hold it together, I will be able to nuke Dr. Destroyer. If not, I will nuke myself).

Otherwise, the player will be able to control where they end up by bleeding off end with small EBs, or gratuitous use of powers.

Also, as a rules point doesn't the absorption technically increase the AP of the base power so that it would never tip over into pool 2 or 3?