I have seen the future

Beowulf

Someone suggested I post my method for dealing with precognitave characters, fortunetelling and such in my campaigns.

The method is actually very simple, just follow the first rule: The future is unknown until it is known.

In other words if a character is silly enough to look into the future and ask if they will ever defeat their arch-rival, I decide the chances of success (usually low) and roll secretly to find out. Then I make a note of the results and exert my control of events as GM to guarentee that future comes to pass (faking rolls of the dice as needed). If that means the enemy kills the character, then his days are numbered, unless something grand such as another character sacrificing their own life happens.

Once I roll my dice and know the future myself, fortune telling skills then have a chance of finding out what that future is based on whatever mechanic is in play.

Usually the players decide very quickly to leave fortune telling alone except for getting the most general advice, or for the most critical circumstances where they want a specific path guarenteed closed or open.