Building the Bo from UMA

BenKimball

Question

Hi Steve.

I'm not sure if this is a Hero Designer question, an errata question, or a rules question. Hope it's okay that I've posted it here.

I'm trying to add a Bo staff to a character in Hero Designer following the rules given on UMA 173. It appears to me that the real point cost given for the Bo in UMA (p. 172) is one point too high. I suspect that it wasn't purchased with the Hand-To-Hand Attack limitation. Here's how I originally reproduced the weapon:

Bo: HA +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END, +1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), Requires Two Hands (-1/2), STR Minimum (8, -1/2) (Real Cost: 9) plus Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END, +1/2) (7 Active Points); OAF (-1), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Only to Cause Damage (-1/2), No Velocity Damage (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus +1 OCV (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), Requires Two Hands (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2) Total Active Points 42, Total Real Cost 13.

So far so good, this matches UMA. But then I looked up the HA power and saw that it requires the mandatory -1/2 limitation. This would bring the HA portion of the compound power down to an 8 real cost, for a total real cost of 12, lower than specified in UMA.

So: am I wrong, is UMA wrong, or is HD wrong?

Thanks very much!

Ben

1 answer to this question