Justice Inc. revelation

the Evil DM

I just recieved a boxed Justice Inc.

I had no idea that there were two printings of it. the one I have here has a catalog dated 1984.

the difference is the cover of the J.I. Campaign book.

I had the one with a bar scene with pulp icons,that included what I assume were Hero game staffers.

this one I'm looking at today is a crowded bar scene with many of the same icons but without the hero staff.

there may be other differences, but that one was the most obvious.

Nothing earth shattering but a heads up for collectors and completists.

Re: Justice Inc. revelation

Yes indeed, the quality of the first version is also rather poor. Not that the second one is a mouth-watering piece of art, but it's an improvement.

Still, after that phenomenal Brian Hamilton cover pretty much anything is going to be a step down :D

I noticed the difference in the covers when I bought a new set a couple of years ago (amazing that shrink-wrapped boxes still turn up), but I'm not enough of a collector to have kept both copies.

Still, after that phenomenal Brian Hamilton cover pretty much anything is going to be a step down

As I understand it, Steve Peterson stumbled across that piece of art at a show or something and quickly snatched it up; it was an incredibly lucky break. But I may not have all the facts, or may be misremembering them; my brain is too filled with visions of apocalypse right now. ;)

As I understand it' date=' Steve Peterson stumbled across that piece of art at a show or something and quickly snatched it up; it was an incredibly lucky break. But I may not have all the facts, or may be misremembering them; my brain is too filled with visions of apocalypse right now. ;)[/quote']

I assumed that there was a connection with Blade using a piece of his work for Mercenaries, Spies & Private Eyes, having apparently tried to commission a painting from his father. Both games came out at roughly the same time and Mike Stackpole is the obvious link, but that was pure speculation on my part based on what may simply have been a coincidence of timing. A beautiful piece, regardless of how they found it :)