Time Attack - LOL

bjvargas

Usually I don't like bothering with Time characters or powers because, well, how many GM's like dealing with them, at least when it concerns PC's.

But I was dinking around with them tonight - and taking a look at Captain Chronos, and I ended up creating the following, and laughing my ass off.

Rapid Transit Attack: Teleportation 12",

-Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Half Phase Action to reset, Character can set Trigger multiple times; +1/4),

- Safe Blind Teleport (For Timex and Target; +1/4),

- Continuous (+1), - Usable As Attack (+1),

- NND (Time Manipulation powers; +1),

- Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; Target (and others around) don't know what hit him - one moment he was 'there', and now 'here' - heh; +1)

(132 Active Points);

- OIF Unbreakable (Antique Gold Pocketwatch over manubrium on Suit - shines a light on the target, giving target a feel resembling the light from a train about to hit them; -1/2),

- 16 clips of 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Minute (Increased Reloading Time: 2 Full Phases; -1/4),

- Incantations (It's a line drive...; -1/4)

Real Cost 59

Notes: SFX: Timex simply steps outside of the Timeline, picks up and moves the Target where he wants it, or damn close, then moves back to where he was. If the target is too heavy for Timex, he just adjusts the target in time until the target happens to be in the place Timex wants, taking into account the earth's rotation and path around the sun.

Additonal SFX: As it is a continuous charge, once Timex has a 'fix' on a person (successfully attacked once), he continues to have success each phase (personal note - remembe that a continuing charge is inherently Uncontrolled) by stepping back in time to where he last 'held' the target and moves him/her again, to wherever he wants (could be done minutes, days, weeks, centuries, etc. into the future as SFX - whenever he happens to 'remember' (or be reminded by the AI)) that it needs to be done - leaving Timex free to keep fighting and taking his actions during 'normal time'.

ROTFLMAO

I know, someone has probably already done something like this, and I am relatively new here - but I had to share anyway.

DC :)

Re: Time Attack - LOL

This is cool. I haven't played Champions or any game for long time but one thing that occurred to me is that the simplst way to accomplish this would be a Transform. As I recall, the logic is that it works like a killing attack in the sense that it costs as much and if you could have killed them, you should have a lot of leeway in defining some other fate instead. 'Caught in a timeloop' or 'frozen in a moment of time' could be 'some other fate.' Of course, then there has to be a way out.

Usually I don't like bothering with Time characters or powers because, well, how many GM's like dealing with them, at least when it concerns PC's.

But I was dinking around with them tonight - and taking a look at Captain Chronos, and I ended up creating the following, and laughing my ass off.

Rapid Transit Attack: Teleportation 12",

-Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Half Phase Action to reset, Character can set Trigger multiple times; +1/4),

- Safe Blind Teleport (For Timex and Target; +1/4),

- Continuous (+1), - Usable As Attack (+1),

- NND (Time Manipulation powers; +1),

- Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; Target (and others around) don't know what hit him - one moment he was 'there', and now 'here' - heh; +1)

(132 Active Points);

- OIF Unbreakable (Antique Gold Pocketwatch over manubrium on Suit - shines a light on the target, giving target a feel resembling the light from a train about to hit them; -1/2),

- 16 clips of 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Minute (Increased Reloading Time: 2 Full Phases; -1/4),

- Incantations (It's a line drive...; -1/4)

Real Cost 59

Notes: SFX: Timex simply steps outside of the Timeline, picks up and moves the Target where he wants it, or damn close, then moves back to where he was. If the target is too heavy for Timex, he just adjusts the target in time until the target happens to be in the place Timex wants, taking into account the earth's rotation and path around the sun.

Additonal SFX: As it is a continuous charge, once Timex has a 'fix' on a person (successfully attacked once), he continues to have success each phase (personal note - remembe that a continuing charge is inherently Uncontrolled) by stepping back in time to where he last 'held' the target and moves him/her again, to wherever he wants (could be done minutes, days, weeks, centuries, etc. into the future as SFX - whenever he happens to 'remember' (or be reminded by the AI)) that it needs to be done - leaving Timex free to keep fighting and taking his actions during 'normal time'.

ROTFLMAO

I know, someone has probably already done something like this, and I am relatively new here - but I had to share anyway.

DC :)

Re: Time Attack - LOL

While good for laughs, I would think that if the power has Inivisible Power Effects where no one can see what's happening, the Pocketwatch should be IIF instead of OIF.

YMMV.