Shape Shift Query

Vestnik

I couldn't see this addressed anywhere in 5E (I don't have the revised edition).

Does Shape Shift (to Sight and Touch, presumably) also allow you to change outer garments? I see the same writeup used for characters who by concept should be able to change such things and characters who shouldn't. E.g., Mystique can change her clothing (somehow -- does she grow buttons or something?) but John Carpenter's The Thing can't (from my memory from the movie). Does "not to change worn objects" count as enough of a Limitation to be worth anything? I would think it would.

If this has been addressed somewhere and I haven't seen it -- sorry for wastin' your time! :)

Re: Shape Shift Query

Does Shape Shift (to Sight and Touch, presumably) also allow you to change outer garments?

The short answer is yes.

In fact there is a limitation for shape shift in the 5RE that is 'BODY ONLY'. No clothing can be changed if you take this limitation (to simulate the John Carpenter's The Thing I assume) Most Silver and Bronze age Comic book shape shifters don't seem to have issues with clothing and such. For that matter most TV shape shifters don't either (Mainly monsters from Star Trek, and broadcast standard won't be violated, so I doubt they are good examples)

Re: Shape Shift Query

-1/2 according to Hero Designer

Here is an example I created in it:

Shape Shift  (Sight Group, limited group of shapes), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (25 Active Points); Affects Body Only (-1/2), Limited Effect (Only to change skin colors/patterns of colors; -1/4)