[Character] Totem

Corven_Ren

This is a character I had written up before in my heros & villains thread, but I have edited him and changed him 4 play in a higher powered pbem game on hero central.

[b]Totem - Joshua Greycloud[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
60    STR     50   60      21-       HTH Damage 12d6  END [6]
20    DEX     30   20      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7
25    CON     30   25      14-
20    BODY    20   20      13-
18    INT     8   18      13-       PER Roll 13-
20    EGO     20   20      13-       ECV: 7
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
14    COM     2   14      12-
25    PD      13   25             25 PD (25 rPD)
25    ED      20   25             25 ED (25 rED)
5    SPD     20   5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
20    REC     6   20
50    END     0   50
75    STUN    12   75
26    RUN      0   26"                END [5]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
12    LEAP     0   12"                12" forward, 6" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 241[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
70     [b][i]Spirit Warrior[/i][/b]: Multipower, 70-point reserve - END=
4u     1)  [b][i]Spirit Arrow[/i][/b]: EB 14d6 (70 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) - END=7
4u     2)  [b][i]Spirit Tomahawk[/i][/b]: HKA 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Range Based On STR (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (52 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4) - END=0
6u     3)  [b][i]My Animal Brothers[/i][/b]: Telepathy 10d6 (Animal class of minds), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points) - END=2
      - END=
20     [b][i]Totem Warrior[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 40-point powers - END=
18     1)  [b][i]Nature's Healing[/i][/b]: Healing 3 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) - END=0
20     2)  [b][i]Stride of the Stallion[/i][/b]: Running +20" (26" total) (40 Active Points) - END=4
      - END=
25     [b][i]Skin of the Mountain[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (25 PD/25 ED) - END=0
20     [b][i]The Might of the Oak[/i][/b]: Knockback Resistance -10" - END=0
20     [b][i]Nature's Protection[/i][/b]: LS  (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Immunity: Phytotoxins; Immunity: Zootoxins; Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat) - END=0
16     [b][i]Will of the Warrior[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (20 points total) - END=0
5     [b][i]Eyes of the Owl[/i][/b]: Nightvision - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 228[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Martial Arts:  Totem Fighting
4      1)  Bear Hug (Crush):  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 16d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab
4      2)  Buffalo Charge (Charge):  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, 14d6 +v/5 Strike, FMove
4      3)  Eagle's Claw (Killing Strike):  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1d6 +1
4      4)  Ram's Horns (Martial Strike):  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 14d6 Strike
4      5)  Scorpion' Sting (Nerve Strike):  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND
3      6)  Serpent's Coils (Martial Grab):  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 70 STR for holding on
5      7)  Stallion Kick (Offensive Strike):  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 16d6 Strike

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 28[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
15      +3 with DCV
9      +3 with Totem Fighting
3      Animal Handler (Canines, Equines) 13-
     Everyman Skills (Cost: 0 Points)
0      1)  Language:  Apache (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
0      2)  AK: Camp Verde, Arizona 11-
0      3)  Acting 8-
0      4)  Climbing 8-
0      5)  Computer Programming 8-
0      6)  Concealment 8-
0      7)  Conversation 8-
0      8)  Deduction 8-
0      9)  PS: Vetrenarian 11-
0      10) Paramedics 8-
0      11) Persuasion 8-
0      12) Shadowing 8-
0      13) Stealth 8-
0      14) TF:  Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
4      Language:  English (completely fluent; literate)
6      SS:  Vetrenary Medicine 16-
14      Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Desert, Mountain) 17-
9      Tracking 16-
3      Teamwork 13-
3      Traveler
2      1)  AK: Boise, Idaho (3 Active Points) 13-
2      2)  AK: Denver, Colorado (3 Active Points) 13-
2      3)  AK: New Orleans, Louisiana (3 Active Points) 13-
2      4)  AK: Orlando, Florida (3 Active Points) 13-
2      5)  AK: Phoenix, Arizona (3 Active Points) 13-
2      6)  AK: Portland, Oregon (3 Active Points) 13-
2      7)  AK: Portsmouth, Virginia (3 Active Points) 13-
2      8)  AK: Salt Lake City, Utah (3 Active Points) 13-
2      9)  AK: San Antonio, Texas (3 Active Points) 13-
2      10)  AK: San Diego, California (3 Active Points) 13-
2      11)  AK: Seattle, Washington (3 Active Points) 13-
2      12)  AK: Wahington D.C. (3 Active Points) 13-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 90[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
2      WCR Base Donation
10      Contact:  Ancestor Spirits, Spirit Contact (x2) (10 Active Points) 14-
1      Fringe Benefit:  License to practice Vetreanry Medicine

[b]PERKS Cost: 13[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Distinctive Features:  Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology)
5     Distinctive Features:  Native American (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
25     Enraged:  if heritage is insulted (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-
10     Hunted:  Donors 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
15     Hunted:  Governments 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
10     Physical Limitation:  Crushing Grip (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
15     Physical Limitation:  Weird Bio Chemistry Requires Special Medical Attention (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Code vs Killing (Common, Total)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Will Not Allow Bystanders to Come to Harm (Common, Total)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Will Not Break His Word (Common, Strong)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Will Not Surrender (Common, Total)
10     Social Limitation:  Held to a Higher Standard (Frequently, Minor)
10     Social Limitation:  Object of Native American Stereotype (Occasionally, Major)
15     Social Limitation:  Public Identity (Frequently, Major)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 200[/b]

Base Pts: 400
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 600

Re: [Character] Totem

His background and other info.

Background/History: The Apache have many legends and prophecies. Among them is that a warrior would be born among them, his eyes would be white like snow and he would help all nations and all tribes. When Joshua Greycloud was born, many of the Apache elders believed that he was the fufilment of this prophecy. . He learned to meditate and listen for the voices of his ancestors. Most of all they taught him that he was a warrior, and as a warrior, it was his obligation to protect the tribe. As he grew he learned that he was stronger than everyone else his age, and he learned to control that strength so that he did not hurt any who were weaker than him. He also discovered that it was very hard for him to get hurt and that he could run very fast. When he was 16 he ran down and wrestled a buffalo to the ground with his bare hands. Joshua also excelled academically as well, graduating high school with a perfect 4.0 gpa. Aftergraduating, the elders told him that he must leave the reservation.

"Why?" he asked, "You said it was my duty to protect the tribe."

The lead elder stood, "Your duty is to more than the Apache. It is to mankind. You must go into the world and use the abilities given to you to protect all of mankind."

Seeing the wisdom of the elders words, Joshua left the reservation. Knowing he would need some way to support himself as he traveled, he went to University of Phoenix, and earned a degree in veterinary medicine. After gaining his degree, he traveled throughout the country, using his super strength to aid those in need. During his travels, he improved his ability to fight. Mimicing animals, such as the bear, the eagle and the ram, he came up with his own unique martial art. He called it Totem fighting. He also contacted his ancestor spirits and learned how to chanel his own spirit energy into various uses. He currently resides in Seattle where he has a small veterinary practice.

Quote: "Did you just call me Tonto?"

"A true warrior mourns the loss of any life, and especially an innocent life most of all."

Powers/Tactics: Joshua is a mutant who posesses many different powers. He has superhuman strength, toughness, & resistance to harm. His powerful legs allow him to run at amazing speeds. He heals much faster than a normal human and is immune to any poisons derived from plants or animals. It also seems that his ability to heal has slowed his aging process. He can also hold his breath for an extended amount of time as well as resist extreme temperatures. Joshua sees as well in total darkness as well as daylight. Through meditation, his ancestor's spirits have taught him to call upon his own spiritual energies and use it in several different ways including firing spirit arrows and speaking with animals. His martial art is of his own creation, mimicing the attacks of various American animals.

Campaign Use: My cross between Nightwolf (from Mortal Kombat), T.Hawk (from Street Fighter), & Warpath (From X-Force).

Appearance: Joshua is a very tall muscular Apache indian. He appears to be in his early 20's but Joshua is actually 60 years old. His hair is very long, hanging down to the middle of his back. On his head he wears a headband with two eagle feathers hanging from it. His 'costume' consists of a pair of blue jeans, boot moccasins and a denim vest. He also wears Apache warpaint on his face.

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 225 lbs