Knockback Only, No Direct Damage

Slice-n-Dice

Re: Knockback Only, No Direct Damage

For me the beauty of the Hero System is the different ways different people approach a build.

You could have four people, and four valid very different builds, for the same thing. Looking at the way others use the Hero System is often a revelation for me and is the reason I visit these boards.

Often I think, "What is this clown up to?" but that's another thread. ;)

For me the beauty of the Hero System is the different ways different people approach a build.

You could have four people, and four valid very different builds, for the same thing. Looking at the way others use the Hero System is often a revelation for me and is the reason I visit these boards.

Often I think, "What is this clown up to?" but that's another thread. ;)

Who are you calling a clown? :D

**Glowers**

**Slips over on a banana skin**

From the Y files:

Repel: 3" Teleport Usuable as an Attack, Position Shift, fixed location 3" directly in front of character, Continuous, AoE short radius, Reduced Endurance.

Defenses to UAA: Density Increase, Flight, Desolidification, Teleport.

Essentially, while up, the Repel Field sends everyone who gets within normal melee range of the character 3" back and on the ground unless they have Density Increase, Flight, Desolid, Teleport or weigh more than 100kg.

It's cheap, it's effective, and after the first play session will likely result in someone calling you a munchkin.

Peace

It's cheap, it's effective, and after the first play session will likely result in someone calling you a munchkin.

Peace

There's a power like that in City of Heroes; the way they balance it there is that attackers can still get their melee strike off before they're pushed back.

It's mainly used as a way to reduce incoming damage by forcing people to run up and hit you, rather than just stand there and hit you. :)

Wow, this has been awesome. From square one I thought it was going to be a "Oh yeah, this is how you build that". Well, I was wrong. the ideas here about flash touch seems more of a low level stun granade, or another effect of a flashbang grenade.

It would have a disorienting effect, kinda like flash sight but touch could be a sensory thing. I dont have the rules in hand pertaining to flash touch, but it seems a cv or dex penalty are appropriate.

I also realize that there really is no logic in gaming builds, if there were, it could get really boring.

Great discussion anyways, thanks for all the info!

SnD

Welcome to Hero :)