Attack sticks to target

Toadmaster

Trying to figure out how to make an attack that sticks to the target, reading sticky, I don't think that works. As examples of what I'm trying to build would be napalm, clearly an AoE but one shold not just be able to run out of the effect area to stop that damage, they are covered in burning goo and should continue burning regardless of whether they stay in the area or not. Sticky would be appropriate to cause people coming into contact with them to be affected as well but my interpretation of sticky would not cause the attack to stick to someone leaving the area.

I would think the power would have to be continuous or have continuing charges, AND sticky. If Continuous, the power affect the target as long as END is spent. The continuing charges make it so that the power last a predetermined time. In either case an AoE power affect the target (the area) for a certain period.

The sticky advantage makes it so that anything that comes into contact with the target gets affected by the same power. So anyone who was in the area, or came into contact with said area while it the power was still active get affected by a continuing power... no?

Anyway, that is what I would do it...

There's one problem with Consistent....it has to be maintained through line of sight. If you make it persistent and buy it down to 0 End, I think you have to come up with a way to "extinguish" the power (otherwise you could have a 4d6 NND, 0 END, persistent and just watch it work till it make ssomeone go unconscious).

Ooops, I'm an idiot...the best way to simultae this power would be to buy the advantge Uncontrolled. That pretty much sums up what it needs to do. And to make it Uncontrolled with an instant power like an attack, you must also buy the advantage Continuous (another +1 advantage)

The only trick is the END reserve that you have to feed into the napalm attack. Perhaps you could link the damage attack with an END reserve, using the END reserve as the "power source". You could buy it down to 0 END also, but that's not quite right, as it doesn't explain the fuel being consumed. As with other Uncontrolled powers you should define some kind of effect that can turn off the power other than running out of END.